What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nine-Year-Old Boy’s Wish Granted to Create his Own iOS Game

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
make-a-wish-game.JPG

GeekWire has a great story today about how PopCap Games helped to make nine-year-old Owain Weinert’s dream come true by working with him to create his very own iOS game. Owain’s dream came true as a result of the amazing folks at the Make-a-Wish foundation who help sick children achieve their dreams. Owain, who has pre-B Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, has spent the past few weeks with the developers at PopCap creating his third-person shooter game, Allied Star Police. The game will be released in the next few months, with proceeds benefitting the Make-a-Wish Foundation.

“It was a really fun experience and all the team members were really nice and they did whatever they could to help me and make my ideas come to life,†Owain told TechFlash. “They are really, really funny and kind of crazy - and I do not see that as an insult, it’s just a statement of fact!â€

According to the game’s producer, Kirk Scott, also talking to TechFlash, Owain was very professional and actually laid out his vision of the game for the PopCap team with a PowerPoint presentation!

Owain was presented with his own iPad last week complete with a copy of his game pre-loaded, at a special party at PopCap’s offices.

Source: Nine-year-old boy gets his wish, creates an iPhone game - GeekWire. POP CAP WISH -- KCPQ, PopCap's newest game designer: 9-year-old Owain Weinert

David79

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is really amazing! I can't wait for it to come to app store, I will be one of many buying it!

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
Maura said:
GeekWire has a great story today about how PopCap Games helped to make nine-year-old Owain Weinert’s dream come true by working with him to create his very own iOS game. Owain’s dream came true as a result of the amazing folks at the Make-a-Wish foundation who help sick children achieve their dreams. Owain, who has pre-B Acute Lymphocytic Leukemia, has spent the past few weeks with the developers at PopCap creating his third-person shooter game, Allied Star Police. The game will be released in the next few months, with proceeds benefitting the Make-a-Wish Foundation.

According to the game’s producer, Kirk Scott, also talking to TechFlash, Owain was very professional and actually laid out his vision of the game for the PopCap team with a PowerPoint presentation!

Owain was presented with his own iPad last week complete with a copy of his game pre-loaded, at a special party at PopCap’s offices.

Source: Nine-year-old boy gets his wish, creates an iPhone game - GeekWire. POP CAP WISH -- KCPQ, PopCap's newest game designer: 9-year-old Owain Weinert

a heart warming story :)

Trainwire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make a wish is an amazing organization....I am buying the game, we all should buy they game and support an awesome organization!

doubleR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah that was definitely a cool story. Digging that they went out there way to help him with it like that.

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
David79 said:
When is it coming out? I keep checking but no luck :(

A few months from may, so prolly around august, i suspect that it will be all over the place when it is out

Most reactions

Latest posts