1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Newbie here...hello all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by jcarpita2001, Jun 30, 2011.

1. jcarpita2001

jcarpita2001 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello Apple Genuises!

I mainly registered on this for one incredibly frustrating question I can't seem to get an answer to.

I have recently downloaded the keynote app on my iPad to do presentations with in front of clients. I wanted to see if it's possible to remotely control my ipad from my phone. I have an android incredible phone from Verizon & I would love to do the presentation without having to be confined within reach of my iPad.

Is there an app that will allow me to remotely control my iPad using my phone like a mouse?

Thank you
    -newb
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

Your app request ... Look at Keynote Remote in the App Store

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
    Scotland
  3. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914 / 1
    I kind of doubt he will be able to download that app on his Incredible (an Android phone). If such an app exists (highly improbable) it would be in the Android Market.

If you could pick up a cheap iPod Touch, you could do it with that. A used, one generation old device should be able to run the Keynote Remote app without a problem.
  4. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +120 / 0
    It was a senior moment - thanks, poet. My eyes read 'phone', my brain thought 'iPhone'. Sorry OP - ignore my suggestion....:(

Tim
  5. jcarpita2001

jcarpita2001 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I actually tried your suggestion before the other posts came up. I downloaded the remote app on my android and actually paired my phone to the iPad via Bluetooth - but once it paired it told me the phone was an unusable source. An iPod touch would do the trick, I just wish android and apple could live in harmony since that's the phone I use. :(
  6. twerppoet

twerppoet iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,914 / 1
    :confused:huh:confused:

Oh wow, there is an Android app; StageFlow Keynote Remote. Color me surprised. However, the description says it won't work with the iPad. It's designed to work with a Mac, either over Wi-Fi or 3G (with firewall configuration). No bluetooth.