1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Newbie few questions

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by sillyrabbitt123, Mar 11, 2011.

1. sillyrabbitt123

sillyrabbitt123 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi All

Got my new white ipad2 64gb 3g verizon today waited like 3 hours met some nice people was a good time.

I have a few newbie questions though:

1- Is there a way to switch the user agent on the browser to make it show in desktop mode? I want to go to through safari to gmail and lookup my contacts or do i just setup my email account on the ipad to get it to show that way?

2- Show I allow "PUSH" notification from aps?

3- How do I close apps when done using them

4- How do i back up within an app to a previous page or area of that app

5- Is there a way to lock apps by password protection to keep my kids out of my email etc etc

6- Also was signing up the wife for people mag and downloaded some issues but there didnt seem a way to do it in the background is that possible? I left the app to go surf the web and I came back to the app in a bit and it paused the dl of the issue until i started it again.

7- This is a crazy one:
    Anyone else come across this yet? Verizon is billed on a prepay basis and will not give you a bill? They just charge your credit card and will not give you an invoice. CRAZY! i need a bill to submit to my company who pays the 3g. Anyone know how to get verizon to send a bill?

thanks for the help!!!!!!!
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2011