What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Newbee

jibberingwreck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone

I am thinking of buying an IPad as a Christmas present to myself but would like to ask a question of you before I do please as someone out there may have experience of what I am planning.

I am most interested in the Star Walk application and am cruising from the UK to the Caribbean soon.
I wonder if this application would work well on a cruise ship and could I view the stars with or without the ship's Wifi? Would it be worth getting the 3G version for when I'm out of range of Wifi or would that work out expensive to access?

Sorry if this sounds a strange question. I am 61 and although I love my computer, I'm not as clever with it as I'd like to be;-))

Thanks for all your help :)

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Starwalk depends on using your current location for orientation, so either wifi or 3g is needed.
It's a great app and I see that today RedShift has also released an app for the iPad (well know windows astronomy program).

The iPad is designed for people who just want things to work without having to open the box and fiddle with settings and hardware.
It really is a mini computer as an appliance. You'll find you will be using your computer much more infrequently. Buy the 3g version and use a pay as you go card for when you're away from home.

Just have an early christmas!
And buy the camera connector too as it's great for reviewing your photos every evening on your trip.

Most reactions

Latest posts