What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New users just joined please help them

RichButch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone. Nice to find a place where I can (hopefully) get some answers to questions and find out how to take advantage of the capabiliites of my iPad.

~~Rich

filiste

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just picked up my new iPad2 today so will now begin this new adventure with a little help from this new site

Franky Ng

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No folder of photo under "Device" of computer's itune

Hello,
I am a new member of this Forum. I just bought ipad 2 last month. The ipad 2 is great but I'm very new to using it.
The reason why I join this Forum is that I love ipad 2-it's fantastic. I love it so that I want to understand it more. Then the problem come.....
I want to transfer my photo from my computer to ipad 2. When I connect ipad 2 to itune of the computer. There is no photo folder under the " Device " of My ipad. Without this folder I cannot drag the photo from my computer to my ipad :(. How to solve this problem ?:confused: Anyone can help ?:eek:

Thank You very much!!:D

Fairlight

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Just found this site...seems to have lots of good info.
I am an Apple fan and have lots of their products that I currently use, eg iPod, iPhone (3g), iMac, MacBook and of course a lovely new iPad2!! The last is the best..absolutely fantastic. I use it for loads of things but especially photography.

tiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello World... Like Geohot wrote on his 1st post in Jan 2011 after PS3 key release, but mine is just to say hello to this forum which seems to be pretty cool lol.
I have Ipod Touch 4G, Iphone 4 VZ, Ipad 2 3G and need to get up to speed with my new iPad 2;)
I did read the forum rules and hope not to get any infraction or violation, so please take it easy on a new forum member:)
Hmm just noticed that my Avatar is not showing up.... I guess time will solve it.

tiger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Franky Ng Hey I'm new too and you might get much better answers from some Pro's here, but at least I try to give you some quick tips lol
Consider using iTunes or downloading an App to sync Pics with your Computer, I can't tell you which app will work.
Since iPad 2 isn't JB you can't use all the good tools.
But I found a tread which might answer you question;

Be sure you have moved all pictures from your iPad into iTunes first, by syncing them to iTunes. Then, you should remove the pictures currently in the Camera Roll (Photos), so you won't be duplicating everything. You can do this by connecting the iPad to your computer and then going into iTunes, and under "Devices" on the left hand side of the screen, click on your iPad name. A window will open up with tabs on the top. Select "Photos", under "Photos", un-check "Sync Photos from..." , and sync, this will delete all of the photos on the iPad

You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as "iPad Pictures" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "iPad Pictures" open it and select the folders you want to sync to the iPad. Then sync them.

If your jailbroken, download PhotoAlbum+ from Cydia, and then you can make folders and move photos where you want them.

Mikemetham

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone

I am a new member and keen to learn some of the finer points..I am 69 but still very actively learning and enjoying it.. Mike

jodyf

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hi,
It said to start a new thread. My threads are in a sewing box. (That is how new I am at this). I don't even know what a thread is, or if I have this in the right place. But anyhow I am new to this, and to ipad so I appreciate your patience with me. I go by jodyf and I am 61 years old. Way beyond learning tech in H.S. or College. I have 2 sons that help me, but they are about worn out with my questions, so maybe on this site I can search and find my own answers without bothering people. Anyhow I appreciate all the help I can get. Thanks! :)

Brother

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, am new here and i want to share insights with co-iPad users! Hope I hope this will bec ome one of my favorite sites like forever21 and inkjetsuperstore.

famousseamus

iPF Noob
Reaction score
new

hi everbody, just got ipad 2 and am having a few minor problems, hope you geeks can help me out.

MrOnager

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another Noob checkin' in. I'm an old guy (68) that likes new gadgets and the iPad2 seemed like one of the best. I'm too new to have any questions yet, but this looks like the place to be as I know I'll have a bunch in due time. Thanks for being here.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Most reactions

Latest posts