1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

new to Apple Ipad

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by callchris321, Apr 17, 2011.

1. callchris321

callchris321 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi all
    as it seems with a lot here i am also a new owner of an Ipad i had a little dabble with and android tablet but really couldn't get on with it and much prefer the Ipad (so far anyway)

i am not sure if this is the right area to post some questions but wonder if i might impose on the expertise of your regular and more experienced Ipad users

i use Gmail for my company email systems and my firm also use microsoft office so my questions are
    1) suggestions for a good PDF viewer
    2) an app that will let me view and do some limited editing of excel/word and power-point attachments ( i have purchased keynote,numbers, and pages will these work with the MS office files??)

my version of the ipad 2 is 32gb wifi only is there an app that allows me to tether my blackberry to the ipad so i might use 3g on occasions?

many thanks for any advice

regards

Callchris321 (Chris)
  2. bdullea

bdullea iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Welcome to the forum, to answer your questions.
    1. A good PDF reader is Good Reader or I also use PDF expert lets me do a little more with certain types of PDF files.
    2. As far as editing office files with pages and numbers you should be able to do the editing you require to your documents, I have quickoffice and office HD on my ipad to do the minor changes I make to my office docs when I travel, they each work well but not perfect, depending on the complex nature of the word or excel file. One with complex formulas and heavy graphic things seem to not work as well. But with pages and numbers you should be just fine.
    Enjoy the ipad, and welcome
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  3. callchris321

callchris321 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    many thanks

Hi Buddlea

many thanks for the response i will give your suggestions a try
    also wondered if could suggest an app for opening zip files
    i get a lot of them through work

Ta
    regards

Chris
  4. bdullea

bdullea iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I do not have any suggestions to open zip files, but I would bet someone on this forum has the answer you need. You might try asking that as a new thread. I know you will get the response you need.
  5. wytey

wytey iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0