What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New old fart

Chask

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys, nice to be on board.

Been playing around with PC's for many years. Moved to the Mac world 6 months ago with a desktop iMac, and have now just bought my 32gig WiFi iPad.

Hoping to find some useful stuff on these boards and maybe resolve the odd problem or two.

Chask

PS Should also add that I am of "senior" years, hence the thread title!!!

Last edited:

newburcj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We are Out There

There's more of us out there than you'd think. I've been playing around computers since the whole shebang was booted from huge floppies. Love my new iPad!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

When I went to Contol Data Institute back in tha dark ages, I learned how to program on Intel's newest processor - the 8088!

col.bris

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well I am 66 in prime time as they say. Gee I can remember taking delivery of my first apple II back in 77-78 also remember black and white tv and the first time stereo radio was released lol. Welcome on board from Australia

OP
C

Chask

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Well I don't want to get into a pi$$ing competition, but I have been involved in computing since the early 60's.

I started work programming ICT tabulators and calculators, then progressed to the ICT 1300 and Emidec 1100 mainframe computers with British Airways in 1963.

We sure have come along way since then.

For the last 10 years or so (since my retirement), I have spent time helping less experienced users resolve their PC problems right from Windows 3, through 98, XP, Vista (yuk) and now Win7.

While I like Win 7, I decided to buy an iMac 6 months ago and have been very impressed. I still retain a Win7 machine and also run it on the Mac under VMware.

I'm now past "fiddling and fixing" PC's and just want to use the features and facilities offered. My latest project has involved creating and editing a video from camera footage I took during trips to Egypt, Italy and the UK.

I think the iPad is a breath of fresh air. I just love its ease of use. I wish it had a USB slot, could handle Flash and had a built in File Manager, but the lack of those features does not stop me from loving it.

The next edition will be something to look forward to.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts