1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New, nonipad owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by DUKEMAN1944, Nov 28, 2010.

1. DUKEMAN1944

DUKEMAN1944 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As you cans see by the title, I do not own an ipad...yet. Before I make the purchase I thought I'd get some input. First, I live in a rural area with no wi-fi and no cell phone coverage. Second, I am interested in book readers.

Is the iPad for me, or should I go with a Sony Reader or one of the others?

Can the iPad download books via the internet from the library? I have a laptop, do I need an iPad?

Is there going to be a new iPad after the first of the year...should I wait.

Lots of questions.....I would certainly appreciate some help. Thanks
  2. Mossi

Mossi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you want only to read.....use your laptop or get something cheaper. BUT........I guarantee that if you do get one, reading will take a back seat to many other things.

That's what happened to me....I haven't knitted a stitch or read a book since I got my iPad in September. I LOVE it!
  3. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    You can download from any wifi connection, but you would struggle if the library only has a wired connection.

We all have laptops, hehe, and yeah, the iPad is really something different. You'll love it.

The question about buy now or later is...difficult. :D