New, nonipad owner

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by DUKEMAN1944, Nov 28, 2010.

1. DUKEMAN1944

DUKEMAN1944 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    As you cans see by the title, I do not own an ipad...yet. Before I make the purchase I thought I'd get some input. First, I live in a rural area with no wi-fi and no cell phone coverage. Second, I am interested in book readers.

Is the iPad for me, or should I go with a Sony Reader or one of the others?

Can the iPad download books via the internet from the library? I have a laptop, do I need an iPad?

Is there going to be a new iPad after the first of the year...should I wait.

Lots of questions.....I would certainly appreciate some help. Thanks

2. Mossi

Mossi iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you want only to read.....use your laptop or get something cheaper. BUT........I guarantee that if you do get one, reading will take a back seat to many other things.

That's what happened to me....I haven't knitted a stitch or read a book since I got my iPad in September. I LOVE it!

3. NumbLock

NumbLock iPad Ninja

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +32 / 0
    You can download from any wifi connection, but you would struggle if the library only has a wired connection.

We all have laptops, hehe, and yeah, the iPad is really something different. You'll love it.

The question about buy now or later is...difficult. :D