What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New New User

gailpassen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just purchased my very first apple I pad and enjoying it....except there might be a flaw according to tech support in it's ability to rotate...need to go to genius bar to work it out.

Any one know how one can insert a picture in an e mail that is in the photo section of the iPad??

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

To email a picture you have to start the process off from the Photos app. From there you have the choice to email a picture. That picture is usually sent as an attachment to an email in the iPad's native Mail app - i.e. this will not work for web mail. Once you've chosen to email the picture, the familiar Mail blank mail message will pop up prompting you for the various email addresses and message content.

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Before you jaunt off to the the genius bar for the rotation issue, lets make sure you don't have rotation lock set. If you do you'll see a small lock icon with a arrow around it just to the left of your batter status, top right of the screen.

Depending on how you have it set your rotation lock is controlled by the switch next tot he volume switches, or on the multi-task bar. You can see this setting by going to the Settings app > General, and looking at Use Side Switch to:. Whatever it is set to the multi-task bar will do the opposite.

To get to the control in the multi-task bar, tap the home button twice, then swipe your finger left to right across the bar of icons that pop up from the bottom. The icon at the far left of the controls will either be the mute control or the rotation lock. The icons are self explanatory.

I'm pretty sure you know how to use a switch, so I'll skip explaining that possibility. ;)

Also, not all apps rotate. Most iPad specific apps will, but many of the iPhone apps (which will also run on the iPad, abet in emulator mode) will not rotate.

OP
G

gailpassen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks everyone....it seems that there is a problem that requires visit to the apple store

Most reactions

Latest posts