What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fighterpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Considering an Ipad or other "pads" as a marine navigation/weather/AIS aid for boating. Trying to get acquainted at to what is out there for such use. Thanks, FP

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Considering an Ipad or other "pads" as a marine navigation/weather/AIS aid for boating. Trying to get acquainted at to what is out there for such use. Thanks, FP
If you're looking for live information and your ship has cellular/WiFi/broadband access (any one of the three) I would think an iPad would be a terrific addition. Have a look at the iTunes app store to see if there are some apps that would fit your requirements...I'm betting there are and I'm sure others will chime in with some suggestions.

BTW, welcome to the forum!

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
welcome from me too!

I'm sure I've seen a photo on here with an iPad secured next to the wheel in a boat. Not a boat literate person but I'm pretty sure they use navigational apps etc...

OP
fighterpilot

fighterpilot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome--I'll check out the suggestions. Also are there other electronic pads, such as androids that are large and might work as well? Must have GPS since won't be within range of towers some of the time. Thanks

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome--I'll check out the suggestions. Also are there other electronic pads, such as androids that are large and might work as well? Must have GPS since won't be within range of towers some of the time. Thanks
IMHO one day Android or other OS based tablets may approach the iPad's robust abilities, extremely high quality and Apple's 350,000+ apps (with more than 10 billion downloads), but for now everyone else is doing their best to catch up from a very great distance to the rear.

Most reactions

Latest posts