1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Joseph38, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Joseph38

Joseph38 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone,

I am an American living in Thailand. I'm a retired teacher who hates to type. Does the iPad have handwriting and/or voice recognition software like Dragon NaturallySpeaking? Joseph38:)
  2. JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +86 / 0
  3. iDoug

iDoug Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    I'm sure there will be an app for that ;)

Welcome to the site and hopefully there will be some info on the site soon about what you are looking for :ipad-keyboard:
  4. kheldour

kheldour iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Sawadee khrap my friend! I'm married to a thai, therefore I know Thailand pretty well.
    There is an app on the appstore, which gives you the Thai-keyboard.

Dragon Dictation is what you are looking for. It's an iPhone app, but is supposed to run fine. I've also seen some news on the net, that handwriting will come as an app too.

Even if you don't have an iPad yet, look around the US appstore. There are a lot of limited free apps, which you can download already, even w/o the iPad in hand.
  5. DG~X

DG~X iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Haha, i've heard teachers retire because of bad students, not enough money, but for typing!xD. Welcome to the site.:) Hope to see you around.