What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Member - quick question

madeinengland

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just signed up for the site, looks impressive. New iPad 3 purchased last Friday and it's my first one. I have a question which someone may know the answer too;
When I purchased an iPhone I was allocated 5Gb space on iCloud, now, in addition, I have bought an iPad, do I get another 5Gb?

Cheers

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just signed up for the site, looks impressive. New iPad 3 purchased last Friday and it's my first one. I have a question which someone may know the answer too;
When I purchased an iPhone I was allocated 5Gb space on iCloud, now, in addition, I have bought an iPad, do I get another 5Gb?

Cheers

I dont think it is Device specific rather it is Id Specific so you could have different Id's on different device and can have 5 GB space on each of them.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
madeinengland said:

No, you get 5gb free for each Apple ID. You can always purchase more... :)
Also, whilst maintaining separate IDs just to get extra 5 gb free space in chunks will work, it may introduce dis-benefits particularly around maintaining all the ids, managing iTunes, and purchasing apps across all the devices.

Last edited:

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yeah so thats what I told him you get it with your Apple Id so you can have 10 different Id's and all of them will have a 5GB isn't it ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
augustya said:
Yeah so thats what I told him you get it with your Apple Id so you can have 10 different Id's and all of them will have a 5GB isn't it ?

Edited my post to clarify.

Most reactions

Latest posts