New Member! New iPad!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Mike-Sue, Aug 24, 2010.

1. Mike-Sue

Mike-Sue iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Everyone! I am so glad I found this forum. It looks like it is going to be invaluable. Thanks! I just purchased my iPad and have been looking on the site for answers to my questions. I have found most of what I was looking for except I can't seem to find out how I can put my pictures into individual albums on the iPad. I have checked apps for it and iTunes but must be missing something. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again!

Sue

2. iPadCharlie

iPadCharlie iPad Super Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Welcome!

You don't need apps to transfer pictures to your iPad.

First, put your pictures in separate folders on your PC the way you want them. Then start the iTunes program on your PC and plug in your iPad. Once you see your iPad, select it on the left side of the screen and then select the Photos tab on the top. (Sorry, but I cut off the Photos tab on this screen shot)

[​IMG]

Select the Selected Folders option then select the folders where you put your pictures. You can check as many as you want.

Now sync your iPad by going back to the Summary tab and it should look like this --

[​IMG]

Well, it won't look like this because these are my pictures, but you should have an album for each of the folders your checked in iTunes.

Clear as mud, eh?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2010
  3. jordexj

jordexj iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just don't know how I lived without this device! I love my Ipad!

4. Mike-Sue

Mike-Sue iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1991-C4
    Thank you! Thank you! That makes perfect sense. I haven't had a chance to add pics yet but I know it will work!

5. jordexj

jordexj iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anytime. Glad I could help!