What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New member intro

Alice9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My name is Alice, I'm new to the 'i' world (basically a PC person, mostly because of work). I do have an iPod that I mostly use to listen to podcasts, so I'm familiar with iTunes.

I had some cousins visit in June and they are both big Apple fans and each had an iPad. So I played around with one and found it intriguing. I couldn't justify buying one, really, because I didn't really need it, and then in August, I figured, really, it was perfectly fine to buy it as a toy. So I did! I'm quite enjoying figuring it out and using the Apps.

I already had subscriptions to The New Yorker and Wired, so being able to read those on the iPad is great. I enjoy Flipboard, am currently addicted to that 3D sculpt app, and refuse to download Angry Birds because I know it will be a big time suck. Anyway, a good purchase, and I'm sure I'll be posting questions as I try new things.

(Safari is a sorepoint, I'm not at all comfortable with it yet; also I'm not clear on the relationship with iTunes - downloading apps from iTunes as opposed to directly in the iPad - I like to understand how things work, I'm an IT girl, so it's hard to just be a user).

Anyway, that's me.
Alice

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

I always download my apps straight to my iPad - can't stand the iTunes synchronisation! Safari takes getting used to - but there are plenty of third party browsers too.

Tim
Scotland

OP
A

Alice9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh, I downloaded the manual the first day! I did not know about third party browsers, but then, they'd be new too - might as well try to continue to figure out Safari. Thanks for the welcome, Tim!

Alice

Most reactions

Latest posts