What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New ipad2 ....6 hours old and smashed!

Sstorm

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello there
It was with surprise and delight that I opened my birthday present yesterday morning to find a new iPad 2 and smart cover... I had wanted one for at least a year! Anyway about six hours later I had it sitting on the kitchen table resting on smart cover.... Anyway I picked it up with my ten month old daughter in my other arm! The rest is history ....it was like a slow playing car crash...I had to choose between my daughter and my new iPad....needless to say there was a smash.... Followed by a shreek of disbelief! Anyway I'm guessing this isn't covered by warranty??? The guy in the store told my husband that the smart cover can support the weight.... But he wouldn't advise it....I guess I should have listened more closely ,
S

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh no,poor you,throw yourself on the mercy of the apple store staff,cry if you have to,I'm sure they will be sympathetic,let us know how it goes.

blucente

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sorry to hear but I would try to return the damaged iPad, I've heard a lot of people having some luck in having it replaced.

DeltaMike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
sorry to hear about your bad luck and listening your story makes me happy I did an insurance for accidental damages like the one you had.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ouch look at the bright side, the ipad2 can be replaced, be grateful that your baby daughter is okay and not hurt

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would have laughed my a** off if she chose the iPad, it would have been like a foreign advert!

Last edited by a moderator:

Most reactions

Latest posts