1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

New ipad2 ....6 hours old and smashed!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions - Site Assistance' started by Sstorm, Sep 18, 2011.

1. Sstorm

Sstorm iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello there
    It was with surprise and delight that I opened my birthday present yesterday morning to find a new iPad 2 and smart cover... I had wanted one for at least a year! Anyway about six hours later I had it sitting on the kitchen table resting on smart cover.... Anyway I picked it up with my ten month old daughter in my other arm! The rest is history ....it was like a slow playing car crash...I had to choose between my daughter and my new iPad....needless to say there was a smash.... Followed by a shreek of disbelief! Anyway I'm guessing this isn't covered by warranty??? The guy in the store told my husband that the smart cover can support the weight.... But he wouldn't advise it....I guess I should have listened more closely ,
    S
  2. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
  3. Nakedbabytoes

Nakedbabytoes iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Sadness:( it never hurts to try. Use sad eyes when explaining your situation. Good luck!
  4. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +219 / 0
    Oh no,poor you,throw yourself on the mercy of the apple store staff,cry if you have to,I'm sure they will be sympathetic,let us know how it goes.
  5. blucente

blucente iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Sorry to hear but I would try to return the damaged iPad, I've heard a lot of people having some luck in having it replaced.

6. DeltaMike

DeltaMike iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    sorry to hear about your bad luck and listening your story makes me happy I did an insurance for accidental damages like the one you had.
  7. Good karma

Good karma iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +46 / 0
    Ouch look at the bright side, the ipad2 can be replaced, be grateful that your baby daughter is okay and not hurt

Sent from my iPad using iPF, using iOS 4.3.2
  8. addiosamigo

addiosamigo iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15 / 0
    I would have laughed my a** off if she chose the iPad, it would have been like a foreign advert!
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 18, 2011