What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Interactive Book - Wild Fables! FREE download, and more inside!

rwenderlich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone! My wife and I are indie iOS devs, and I'd like to let you all know about our 6th app - Wild Fables!

Wild Fables is a new spin on the classic Aesop Fables - where you and your kid get to play along with every page! You can take the roles of the animals throughout the stories, and move them around the screen with physics-based interactions.

Video: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lJ0XcLMVxpQ[/ame]

iTunes: Wild Fables for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad on the iTunes App Store

The app is FREE and comes with one fable. More are available as in-app purchases.

Once you download the app, tap the Info button, tap Redeem, and enter this code to unlock another extra fable (good for 1st 10 to use): ipadforums

Note: Some users (mostly those in foreign countries) are experiencing a crash problem on startup. We've made a confirmed bugfix and have submitted for expedited review, but in the meantime a quick workaround is to go to airport mode before starting app.

Btw the target audience of this app is parents who are reading to kids, so the parent can read and the kid can play along :]

Hope you (or your kids) enjoy!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hey,

I don't have my iPad yet (I'll be getting it tomorrow) but I downloaded it onto my iPhone and I absolutely loved it! I Can't wait to read it on my iPad to my young cousin :)

I will be using the redeem code tomorrow when I get my iPad to get the extra fable (I hope it's still valid by then!). Also, how much does every extra fable cost?

OP
rwenderlich

rwenderlich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for the kind words re: Wild Fables! I'm really glad you like it and hope that your little cousin does too :]

I'm planning on turning off any remaining promo codes on Monday, but I saw your PM and if you get your iPad later than that, PM me and we'll work something out.

Additional fables cost $1.99 btw.

Regards,

--Ray Wenderlich

Last edited by a moderator:

sixpak

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess I am bit late, the promo code is expired. Thank.

Ezra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Great Job

Hi, I think you've really done a great job on this, I wondered if I could ask you a bit about the process of bringing this to life and to the iBookstore.
I'm working on publishing a book for the iPad and there are quite a few things that I'm not all that certain about.

Ezra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! I wondered whether you created this on your own or went to one of the services that develop iBooks for you. And if you did do it yourself I wondered which softwares you used. I love the animation and interactivity you have, and I'd like to do it on my book too, although at this point I'm just experimenting in exporting in from InDesign and getting it to flow on the iPad.

OP
rwenderlich

rwenderlich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@Ezra: We created this on our own - my wife did the illustrations, my sister-in-law did the story, and I did the programming. We used the Cocos2D and Box2D frameworks as part of the project.

Hope this helps and best of luck with your book!

Ezra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks, I'm not familiar with Cocos2D and Box2D but it sounds like something worth exploring. At this point I just want to get it to the iBookstore using InDesign, and later I may work on interactivity too. I haven't tested my book on an iPad yet, but I hope it'll work. Laying it out in InDesign is straightforward, except that from what I've found on guides for Epub files, they all referred more to text books, and said that it has to all be one text flow with images incorporated into it, while my book is all images with text on them, so I'm just trying to place them as flat images on InDesign pages and hope it'll work.

OP
rwenderlich

rwenderlich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wild Fables update 1.2 now out! The Fox & The Grapes is now FREE, and there's a new fable - The Tortoise & The Hare! Video here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lwwnIht2RfQ]YouTube - The Tortoise And The Hare | Wild Fables[/ame]

OP
rwenderlich

rwenderlich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And yet another update is out, with another new Wild Fable: The Dog and His Bone! 30 sec trailer here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqoGg8FtmPs]YouTube - The Dog and His Bone | Wild Fables[/ame]

OP
rwenderlich

rwenderlich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got another update for you guys, with another FREE Wild Fable: The Ant and The Chrysalis!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P869fwtgus4]YouTube - The Ant and The Chrysalis | Wild Fables[/ame]

OP
rwenderlich

rwenderlich

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just released another Wild Fable - The Fox and The Crane!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oi2_kOZzp7c]The Fox and The Crane | Wild Fables - YouTube[/ame]

Most reactions