What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Google Sync Options

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know if anyone noticed (I only noticed because I had to set up an iPad from scratch again), when you set up a gmail account you now have the option to sync Calendar (no longer have to use exchange for that!) and notes!

The notes thing is actually funny. I noticed since I've been using 4.2.1 that my notes folder in gmail wasn't appearing in my email...it was annoying me and I didn't know why it was gone. Well, it turns out, if you have a folder in your gmail called Notes it will sync your notepad to it!! So if you write a note in your iPad notepad (the one that looks like a yellowpad) it will upload to your gmail Notes folder as an email! How cool is that??

At least a good thing came of having to re-setup my gfs iPad!

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have used this for awhile on the iPhone. Works really well with my gmail push account! Much better than Outlook.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll move my calendar sync question here so it will be on topic....

How do I sync multiple gmail calendars into iPad calendar?

OP
G

gentlefury

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'll move my calendar sync question here so it will be on topic....

How do I sync multiple gmail calendars into iPad calendar?

All calendars in your gmail account should be synced.

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmm well I'm only getting my personal calendar down not my linked/shared calendars

flange1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"Other" Definitions in Sync

Can someone give me an idea of what the yellow "other" space is on the sync bar? I can't figure it out and it's taking up 6 GB on my 32GB machine. I cleared the cache and have no documents in Goodreader or Quickoffice. I'm stumped!

Most reactions

Latest posts