What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Girl From SC

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello everyone. I stumbled upon you guys after the iPad 2 announcement. I recently bought the first gen iPad 16G WiFi, as an early birthday gift because I wasn't sure when v2 would be released. Ironically it's on my birthday, lol. Stranger things have happened I guess. Despite this revelation, I'm not looking to sell off what I have for an upgrade. I really purchased it as an eBook and to keep up with my love for all things Apple. I have a 2nd gen iPod classic I refuse to get rid of, purchased a MacBook Pro 1.5 years ago and upgraded to an iPhone 4 last year.

So far, I love my iPad and so does my daughter. I'm an avid book reader and it's serving it's purpose very well. I look forward to what will be revealed next year. Hopefully some of the desired features that didn't make it in v2 (retina display, etc.)

Thank you and I look forward to all of your insight!

Last edited:

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Greetings and welcome to the forum!

I also got an iPad mainly for reading on a larger format than the iPod Touch so the 1st generation iPad will most likely serve me well for awhile. But I am such a gadget freak that I don't know if I can let the latest technology pass me by!

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use just about all of the major ones. Of course I have the Kindle app, but I also have the Borders app and Nook app from Barnes & Noble, but honestly, almost all of my purchases are from Amazon.

There are also a great "generic" readers out there called Stanza. The main reason to get this is that you can get literally thousands of public domain books for free through Project Gutenberg. They also have links to other content sellers.

One of the best overall readers is called GoodReader. With it, you can store stuff on a "cloud" like DropBox. It is also probably one of the best PDF readers out there.

There are others, but those are the biggies.

OP
Anomalous

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
@1991-C4

Thank you for sharing the other app sources. I'll give them a try also.

Last edited:

bobmielke

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
bobmielke.smugmug.com
Hello everyone. I stumbled upon you guys after the iPad 2 announcement. I recently bought the first gen iPad 16G WiFi, as an early birthday gift because I wasn't sure when v2 would be released. Ironically it's on my birthday, lol. Stranger things have happened I guess. Despite this revelation, I'm not looking to sell off what I have for an upgrade. I really purchased it as an eBook and to keep up with my love for all things Apple. I have a 2nd gen iPod classic I refuse to get rid of, purchased a MacBook Pro 1.5 years ago and upgraded to an iPhone 4 last year.

So far, I love my iPad and so does my daughter. I'm an avid book reader and it's serving it's purpose very well. I look forward to what will be revealed next year. Hopefully some of the desired features that didn't make it in v2 (retina display, etc.)

Thank you and I look forward to all of your insight!

Welcome to the forum. I too am new here having purchased my iPad just about 9 days ago. I have a Kindle and like it better for most of my science fiction novels of bible reading. I prefer the iPad for photography books because of the larger screen and high resolution color.

I lived in SC for 13 years in the Aiken, SC area across the river from Augusta, Ga. I still have my sister and a few friends there. Living in Oregon now I certainly don't miss the heat and humidity.

I hope you enjoy your association with this site. It has already helped me learn my way around my new iPad.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the iPad family. I have the Kindle app and like it a lot. Down loaded a couple Koontz books today and thinking about Nikki Sixx's Heroin Diaries. I also have the Nook app for magazines.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the ipad forum Anamolous. I hope you pad approx $100 less for the ipad 1, as the prices of ipad 1 have been officially reduced

OP
Anomalous

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Welcome to the ipad forum Anamolous. I hope you pad approx $100 less for the ipad 1, as the prices of ipad 1 have been officially reduced

Unfortunately not. I purchased mine on the 28th of January so I missed out on the price reduction.

Good karma

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Very similar to me, if i had known that ipad2 was coming in and that it was going to be cheaper, i wold have waited, but hey :(
look fore ward to ipad 3, and the ipad 1 will one day become a classic and its value go up

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sdcromer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I paid $350 plus tax for my 16gb from Apple. It was a factory refurbished unit and comes with full warranty. I love it so far!!!

I used Kindle for most of my ebooks and iBooks for PDFs.

OP
Anomalous

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Good karma said:
Very similar to me, if i had known that ipad2 was coming in and that it was going to be cheaper, i wold have waited, but hey :(
look fore ward to ipad 3, and the ipad 1 will one day become a classic and its value go up

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I look forward to it also. 

OP
Anomalous

Anomalous

iPF Novice
Reaction score
sdcromer said:
I paid $350 plus tax for my 16gb from Apple. It was a factory refurbished unit and comes with full warranty. I love it so far!!!

I used Kindle for most of my ebooks and iBooks for PDFs.

Great deal! I've purchased refurbs from them in the past and haven't been disappointed. 

Most reactions

Latest posts