What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Apple User!

Moz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought I'd introduce myself.

First time Apple Owner of a 16GB Wifi iPad.

I'll be normally found on the Nokia Users forum whereby for smart phones, I've always been a Nokia Fan boy and refused to want to get involved in anything Apple had to offer.

After becoming increasingly interested in the iPad I looked at models, options and alternatives.

Having never owned anything from Apple before, I was aware they release new models pretty quick, so was thinking of holding out for the iPad2, and comparing it against the Blackberry Playbook etc (which has super specs btw!)

But only yesterday in a twitter discussion, I asked for opinions of iPad vs Blackberry, when one of my friend followers advised they have a Gen 1 iPad for sale.

They won this in a competition at work, but already owning one, so were going to sell it.

So for £320 I took it off his hands, brand new in the box.

Spend all yesterday setting it up, playing around, Trying to sync Ovi with Apple (not easily)

And last of all last night Jailbreaking the device, GreenPois0n on V3.2.2.

So far, I'm very happy with it and can't wait to explore more and learn as much as can.

See you around!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thought I'd introduce myself.

First time Apple Owner of a 16GB Wifi iPad.

I'll be normally found on the Nokia Users forum whereby for smart phones, I've always been a Nokia Fan boy and refused to want to get involved in anything Apple had to offer.

After becoming increasingly interested in the iPad I looked at models, options and alternatives.

Having never owned anything from Apple before, I was aware they release new models pretty quick, so was thinking of holding out for the iPad2, and comparing it against the Blackberry Playbook etc (which has super specs btw!)

But only yesterday in a twitter discussion, I asked for opinions of iPad vs Blackberry, when one of my friend followers advised they have a Gen 1 iPad for sale.

They won this in a competition at work, but already owning one, so were going to sell it.

So for £320 I took it off his hands, brand new in the box.

Spend all yesterday setting it up, playing around, Trying to sync Ovi with Apple (not easily)

And last of all last night Jailbreaking the device, GreenPois0n on V3.2.2.

So far, I'm very happy with it and can't wait to explore more and learn as much as can.

See you around!

I'd be interested in more details of your sync with Ovi - I, too, am still a Nokia N95 user. Hope you enjoy your iPad!!

Tim
Scotland

OP
M

Moz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'd be interested in more details of your sync with Ovi - I, too, am still a Nokia N95 user. Hope you enjoy your iPad!!

Tim
Scotland

Hi Tim,

Well seeing as I used web based OVI and the Sync application on the Nokia N8, I soon learned that Ovi and Google were not compatible.

Google Contacts, and Google calendar seems to be the prefered method for the iPad.

I couldn't find a way to link the two, so I had to change up and use OVI > Windows Contacts.

I use Microsfot Outlook Express, and not the normal Outlook so it doesn't come with built in Contacts and Calendar. So have to Sync from OVI to Windows Contacts.

And then Sync iTunes and Windows Contacts via the options panel. Not smooth by any means, especially when you consider the only items that sync correctly are Names, Numbers Contact Images and Birthday. None of my address' made it through.

Bit of a mare to be honest, but it's not that important at this stage.

OP
M

Moz

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Tim
Scotland

Hi Tim,

Well seeing as I used web based OVI and the Sync application on the Nokia N8, I soon learned that Ovi and Google were not compatible.

Google Contacts, and Google calendar seems to be the prefered method for the iPad.

I couldn't find a way to link the two, so I had to change up and use OVI > Windows Contacts.

I use Microsfot Outlook Express, and not the normal Outlook so it doesn't come with built in Contacts and Calendar. So have to Sync from OVI to Windows Contacts.

And then Sync iTunes and Windows Contacts via the options panel. Not smooth by any means, especially when you consider the only items that sync correctly are Names, Numbers Contact Images and Birthday. None of my address' made it through.

Bit of a mare to be honest, but it's not that important at this stage.

OP
M

Moz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry for duplication, dodgy internet connection at work!

Most reactions

Latest posts