What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Apple user.

Claireasmudd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have an IPhone 4 and just a couple weeks ago got an IPad. Still learning the ropes on IPad. Stay at home Mom with six kids. Four are grown and two grandsons. Tried to download the update that is on my iPad for the iOS. Click on it and it
starts to download but always says error occurred. Ugh! Love the IPhone and iPad so far. Glad I found this forum to have a place to seek answers. Thanks Claire

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Greetings Claire. Welcome to the iPad Forums. There are lots of people in this community who are the nicest people you'll ever meet.
As for updating the iOS on your iPad you may have to plug in to your computer to do the update. What iOS version is currently on your iPad? Are you attempting to do the over the air, via wifi, update?
How much free space is available on your iPad? Is there an error number when you try the update?
Another thing that might be causing trouble is too many apps running in the background.if you double click the home button the screen will appear to slide upward and reveal the recently used apps. These a still taking up working memory. If you touch and hold one of the apps until it starts to jiggle a red circle with a "-" symbol will appear on the upper left corner. Touching that circle icon will close the app, but not uninstall it. That will free up memory.
Let me know how things go.

Most reactions

Latest posts