Never Wave Candy In Front of A Child's Face

Discussion in 'iPad 4 Forum' started by hookbill, Nov 23, 2012.

1. hookbill

hookbill
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Now, I'm pretty well informed (I thought) about what's available and what isn't. When the iPad 3 came out I said no, I'll stay with my iPad 2. When the iPad Mini came out I said, Why would I want that?"

So I'm watching tv with my wife tonight who mentions that the iPad 4th Generation is on sale on Home Shopping Network. I tell her that's the mini. She says no, it isn't and gives me the dimensions. I said there is not iPad 4th generation, if there was I would no about it. She sends me the link.

Now I've been really into my iPhone 5 lately and when the last announcement was made all I heard was iPad Mini. So I come here and there it is, in black and white. iPad fourth generation.

I feel the adrenaline pumping in me. Surely my wife is telling me about this because she wants me to have it as a Christmas gift and how in the hell did I not know about it? I say buy it? She says with what money?

Well, that one cost a lot of money and had a lot of stuff I already had as accessories so I don't need that one but then I look at Apple Store and they have a Black Friday special. 41.00 off. She says what's wrong with my iPad 2 and I say nothing except it doesn't have the retina display and now is 2 generations behind and moves like a snail compared to the Fourth Generation. This is not my fault. Do not wave electronics in my face and pull them away from me!

Order placed, won't have a ship date for a few days but it will get here.

Never wave candy over a child's face. Even if that child is 60 years old.

You all keep that in mind.

2. Yptcn

Yptcn
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Oh boy do I know the feeling ! That's how my husband gave me an iPad mini as an early Xmas present...he never knew what hit him ;-)

Another old kid.

3. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Lol. Enjoy your iPad 4.

You're right. What was she thinking?

4. buerkletucson

buerkletucson
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    We're all kids.......just with more expensive tastes!

Congratulations......she <you> will love it. :D

5. Gzoladz

Gzoladz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I am in that situation...have an ipad 2, skipped nicely the ipad 3, and was getting ready for ipad 4, but I was expecting it next March.

Now I have time to think about it until a jb is available as no jb=no ipad.

Is the upgrade from the 2 to 4 worth?

6. AQ_OC

AQ_OC
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    You did well to skip the 3. Skipping two generations is more than one can expect.

7. Gzoladz

Gzoladz
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Yes, but 4 came earlier than planned and my 2 still works well, but I am dying to go Retina :)

And as mentioned above, it is not a chip toy, despite the fact that I have been using it intensively since the day I got it.

8. rhardin

rhardin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    I almost started a fight with a guy at Walmart, I was talking about the new ipad 4 he goes no you mean the mini, I said its the 4th gen iPad, he was like there is no such thing it's the mini. He started to raise his voice and put his hands on his hips... I let it go cause he was a big guy... But I know I'm right lol....

9. Aaron stone

Aaron stone
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    My father. Bought me iPad 4g I thought it was iPad 3 and posted the same in few of the topics

He said me its 3rd gem so before few hours he said me its 4G model I don't believe so was checking out in the Internet then knew that it was iPad 4
    It has small charger panel even I dint knew that iPad 4 was there

10. rhardin

rhardin
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    When I got my ipad 3 I thought it was the 2nd one lol until I updated to iOS 6 and saw I had Siri....