What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Network connections list in GUI?

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is there any graphical UI/app/tweak available that can display (and refresh) all current network connections (like netstat -a, only in GUI; i.e. similar to tcpview on Windows computers)?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I haven't seen a tool like this, and suspect that Apple does not supply an API that developers can use to access this level of network information.

The network tools I've found worth keeping are:

Fing - quick network scan, easy and fast
JaNet HD - slower, but more tools than Fing
zScan Pro - similar to JaNet, with different UI and slightly different tool mix.

None of them are constant, graphical, or as detailed as what you want, but they may be better than nothing.

OP
Commodore

Commodore

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks, I've had Fing since the first days, it is useful.
Well, command line's 'netstat' is available on a jailbroken device (either thru a local terminal or remote SSH connection), but sometimes it would be more convenient to have a GUI tool for this...

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Can't disagree with that. Wi-Fi network scanning is another tool that would be nice to have, but doesn't seem possible with stock iOS.

Oh well, it gives me a reason to use the Nexus 7 (2012) now and then; though it's rather limited wi-fi range/frequencies makes it only somewhat useful in that regard.

Edit:
I should have noticed that this was in the Hacking section, which would have told me you already knew the only place to look, if such a tool exists. Good luck. If the line command tool exists, the GUI tool is at least possible, in theory.

Most reactions

Latest posts