What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Netflix questions!

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In order to streamline movies from Netflix, to TV, you have to have a Wii, or PS2 or Xbox? Those are our only choices?

Because I'm not feeling that at all:(

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
netflix

My bluray player (LG BD390) is able to connect to netflix so I use that. If you don't want to use any of those gaming systems, you can use Roku, which I believe is around $59-99 depending on the quality of the movies you want to stream. I think some Samsung bluray players are able to connect to Netflix as well, but don't quote me on that .. someone else on this forum can probably verify that. :)

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My brother uses a Roku HD-XR which he got from amazon for $99..pretty decent. Also streams Amazon on Demand and Pandora to name a few. I remember him showing me a few more but I can't remember right now :(

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Aww..that a okay! You have been very helpful.:).

Tell me ~

It doesn't matter what is used, it will still look great on an HD tv right?

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to say yes it would still look good but in reality, the quality really depends on what you get from Netflix. If you just have the unlimited DVD streaming option, the quality of the movie, while still good, won't be the same as a Bluray version. I think they charge $2 more per month to get Bluray :rolleyes:

BrennB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah the stream quality's more related to your internet reception and the device that is streaming than the device (tv) that is playing. I have HD samsung tv, use all three of your choices (wii, xbox, and laptop). Xbox and laptop have hdmi output, they show netflix a bit better than wii which does not, but none Is as good as watching straight in iPad or using DVD.

However it's super convenient! If I go out of town, I bring my wii.... Play games and stream movies right there in hotel!

Siriggs

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just read that you can use apples VGA adapter to hook up your iPad to your tv and watch netflix thru your iPad on your tv. Pretty cool stuff.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That is cool ~ I read that recently too ~ although, I don't really know what that means, but I do know I don't have the right devices to do it.:(

ochie927

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't think you need apple tv for this. All you need to do is connect the apple cable to your Ipad and the other end, either component (red, yellow, white) or composite (red, blue, green, white) at the back of your TV and you're good to go. That is of course while running the movie on your ipad which is streaming a movie you picked from Netflix..at least that's how I would think it would work using these cables :)

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is what I thought when I was reading about it on Netflix. Let me understand ~

Might be quite a task, but I will try. No comments!:D

I can stream movies through the iPad TO my TV? I need to get an Apple Cable? I am going to talk to Netflix about it.

At some point ~

Most reactions

Latest posts