What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help to share ipad application through webex session

Thanh

iPF Noob
Reaction score
webex supporting sharing applications to other meeting attendees. i have an application in ipad and would like to demo the application over a webex session. is there a way to do that? webex on ipad does not support application sharing. thanks in advance.

eynman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could try and share your desktop and show the application that way

Mno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ASFAIK the webex app can only act as an attendee in webex, you cannot share your screen.

dmabry

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an iPad 4 (my first iPad) - downloaded WebEx connect and it offers option to share content. I've watched the help video and still can't figure out how to select an application to share. When I choose 'recently shared' - it's empty (makes sense - haven't shared anything yet). It also offers Dropbox - but I'm not sure what that is or if I really need it. It also has an option for photos -which I can share. How do I access and share a URL, Email, PowerPoint, etc? Do all docs have to be converted to PDF before you can share them? It also says I should open the application I want to share and select "Share in Webex" - but I don't see that option in Email or any of the other apps I've tried. I'm a total 'rookie' with this - any tips are greatly appreciated.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an iPad 4 (my first iPad) - downloaded WebEx connect and it offers option to share content. I've watched the help video and still can't figure out how to select an application to share. When I choose 'recently shared' - it's empty (makes sense - haven't shared anything yet). It also offers Dropbox - but I'm not sure what that is or if I really need it. It also has an option for photos -which I can share. How do I access and share a URL, Email, PowerPoint, etc? Do all docs have to be converted to PDF before you can share them? It also says I should open the application I want to share and select "Share in Webex" - but I don't see that option in Email or any of the other apps I've tried. I'm a total 'rookie' with this - any tips are greatly appreciated.

I'm afraid I'm going to be of no help to you, mainly because I have no idea what WebEx is (note to self: find out what WebEx is?) but as far as Dropbox, this is an incredibly popular app. It is free for all your devices/computers and when installed on each it allows you to drag a file in to Dropbox on one and it appears on all the other devices/computers.

Check it out here

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/dropbox/id327630330?mt=8

The Archangel

Mno

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I believe your are mislead by the desktop webex application. On the desktop, you can share any application running on your PC. To be exact, any windows...On the iPad, we should read "share document" instead of sharing an application. You can use Dropbox to retrieve the file you want to display. Dropbox will first adk you to authorize webex to access the dropbox files. Than you can just point on the doc and webex will share it. I successfully made it with a word doc.

batty505

iPF Noob
Reaction score
webex supporting sharing applications to other meeting attendees. i have an application in ipad and would like to demo the application over a webex session. is there a way to do that? webex on ipad does not support application sharing. thanks in advance.

Are you trying to use webex share my desktop from an ipad?

Redjupiter

iPF Noob
Reaction score
According to the author:

Can I present content from my iPad and iPhone?
This feature is not supported. You can however view content shared from other's computers. In addition, if you are the meeting host, you can pass presenter control to a computer user to share content.

Mno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The new webex client allows you to share documents from your dropbox...You better do not want to present some confidential info :)

mmp1964

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Still Searching

What the OP is asking - and also what I am seeking - is an ability to share an iPad app via WebEx. For those who don't know what WebEx is, it is a tool used by businesses to enable other people to see what is on your PC or Mac - for example, a PowerPoint presentation.

The use case here is - I have an app, and I want to demo it to a distributed group of people. Basically, there is no simple way to run an app on either a PC or a Mac. Yes, I know there are emulators out there - but that is not an option for someone in Sales or Marketing. The WebEx IOS app seems limited to sharing files, which is nice, but not what I'm looking for.

There are ways to mirror what is on an iPad to a PC or Mac, and from there possibly share via WebEx, but those applications require a WiFi connection, and that is not always available or convenient, particularly in larger companies.

The only way I can think to do this, or at least try - is to get the Apple "Lightning to VGA" adapter, and a VGA cable and hook the iPad up to a PC or Monitor - and if that works - try to share the content that way. I know it would work to display content on a monitor, but it basically has to apppear on the screen of the PC/Mac for WebEx to see it and share it.

Perhaps someone could invent a product to do this...

Most reactions

Latest posts