1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Need help from my forum friends!

Discussion in 'iPad 1 Forum' started by applechick, Sep 27, 2013.

1. applechick

applechick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Friend of mine is looking to buy an iPad classic for her daughter. Of course used. Can any of you experts out there tell me if that is it a wise choice? She will use it wifi only and to basically play games, surf the web and read. Maybe watch movies and music videos. My concern is will it crash a lot being that it's old software? Can anyone shed any light? Thanks!
  2. giradman

giradman iPad Guru

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +818 / 0
    Hi Applechick - what do you mean by an 'iPad Classic' - I'm assuming an iPad 1 - would at least obtain a refurbished iPad 2, which could go to iOS 7 - probably the 'cheapest & most up to date' choice @ the moment - Dave :)
  3. willerz2

willerz2 iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +226 / 0
    It won't crash at all really unless you really start to tinker with it. For everyday use, it'll do the job. But as @giradman said, the iPad 2 would actually be a better deal since it is faster than the iPad 1, and you can run some of the newer apps that requires iOS 6 and above on the device, which is quite a lump of the AppStore market.