What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need help badly :-(

ronpen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I bought my iPad last February and now I am experiencing a screen touch problem. It is like the screen can not detect my fingers in the lower area of the screen. Just above the home button where the keyboards normally appears.

Any advise?

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try holding down the power button and the home button at the same time until you see the Apple logo.

Let it reboot and see if that helps! I will, in the meantime, bump your thread to our iPad Help section.

OP
R

ronpen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not working

I already reformatted, remove all applications (which cost me a lot) :-(
Upgrade the version.

Just devastating. :-(
Do you have any idea on the warranty policy of iPad 1?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already reformatted, remove all applications (which cost me a lot) :-(
Upgrade the version.

Just devastating. :-(
Do you have any idea on the warranty policy of iPad 1?

Removing the apps doesn't cost you anything because you can always download them again for free. The App Store remembers all your app purchases and it will let you download them again. At first it looks as though it's going to charge you a second time but, just at the last minute, it says 'Already Paid For' and there's no charge.

You say you've reformatted - do you mean restored or rebooted?

This is certainly not a problem that I've heard about before and it's quite difficult to understand how this could happen. If there's an Apple Store nearby then I'd return the iPad and see what they say.

Tim

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So you did hold down the buttons until you saw the Apple logo, right? Also ~ once you buy an app you never have to buy it again, so I am not sure what cost you a fortune.:confused:

Just reinstall them.

Have you past your one year warranty?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Plus - I always get confused when people say they 'bought it last February' - do they mean 2010 or 2011? For sure, if you purchased it in February 2011 it will be under warranty. If you purchased it in 2010, then it's outside the normal 12 months warranty.

But, as Marie said, try a full reboot. Press and hold the Power and Home buttons until the white Apple logo appears - it can take quite a time - and see if that fixes the problem. You say, too, that you've updated the software - which version of iOS are you now running?

Tim

OP
R

ronpen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes. I did reboot. I have 4.3.3 version....

Sometimes, you forgot what is happening if you don't have the same iPad you use to know. :-(

Shawn2774

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Since the original iPad did not get released until April 2010, and you purchased in February, you should still be under warranty.

OP
R

ronpen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
So you did hold down the buttons until you saw the Apple logo, right? Also ~ once you buy an app you never have to buy it again, so I am not sure what cost you a fortune.:confused:

Have you past your one year warranty?

Normally, when you use a charger, it should show an electric symbol which means it is charging. Connect it into a laptop with an iTune and it will start to sync. But in my case, it charges very slow and it is not detected by the iTunes. Then, the screen starts to move left and right like someone's using it... I should have taken a video to show what i mean...

Slow charging, undetected iPad by the iTunes and screen moving by itself when connected to a PC or a laptop.

I hoped, it will be replace with a new iPad.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ronpen said:
Normally, when you use a charger, it should show an electric symbol which means it is charging. Connect it into a laptop with an iTune and it will start to sync. But in my case, it charges very slow and it is not detected by the iTunes. Then, the screen starts to move left and right like someone's using it... I should have taken a video to show what i mean...

Slow charging, undetected iPad by the iTunes and screen moving by itself when connected to a PC or a laptop.

I hoped, it will be replace with a new iPad.

Take it back for a replacement, there is little doubt that it's faulty, and I'm sure Apple will agree :)

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts