What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need detailed instructions on adding home video to ipad

fredhatfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a home video that I would like to store and watch on my ipad. I have succesfully loaded photos through the itunes process and the itunes page has a check box that evidently includes videos along with the photos. However, the process seems to ignore my video file (.MPG extension).

I tried the process outlined in the user manual but itunes never seems to see the video file folder. Is the .MPG extension the problem here? Could someone tell me the procedure in detail? I have tried following some of the manual suggestions but I never get any results.

Thanks for any responses in advance ...

Fred.

tigerbait1953

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It must be converted into a format recognized by the device. The most common is mp4, but there are others. Apple support site will be of help.

OP
F

fredhatfield

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks a lot for the response. I have continued to search and read posts on this topic. So far, it looks as if I have to store the video file in the itunes library and then use Advanced menu to choose a conversion process.

I access the itunes site, choose "Files" and pick "Add file to library". Then I select the video file in the directory box and click "Open". The box goes away as if the system is going to load the file into the library, but nothing seems to happen and if I choose the Advanced menu, all the convert choices are grayed out, indicating that there is no file stored in the library.

Am I on the wrong path here? The ipad user guide says that I should use the Advanced menu option....

Most reactions