What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need a camera app with a specific set of features

padnerd69

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hoping you all can help me with something. I'm using a new iPad mini, and need an iPad camera app for my work that:
  • Allows you to lower photo resolution. I need to be able to email word documents with 30+ photos embedded, so gotta be pretty small file sizes. Photo quality is not a big concern
  • Is able to add timestamps and geotags to photos. Not just include this is the exif, but visually display it in the photo.
  • Good zoom, 5x would be nice.
  • Maybe some sweet filters.
Thanks for help!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hoping you all can help me with something. I'm using a new iPad mini, and need an iPad camera app for my work that:
  • Allows you to lower photo resolution. I need to be able to email word documents with 30+ photos embedded, so gotta be pretty small file sizes. Photo quality is not a big concern
  • Is able to add timestamps and geotags to photos. Not just include this is the exif, but visually display it in the photo.
  • Good zoom, 5x would be nice.
  • Maybe some sweet filters.
Hello and welcome to the forum - I have about a dozen photo apps on my iPad 2 - some are for sorting & organizing a photo collection, while others address image manipulation - the three that I would suggest you at least consider are: 1) Photogene; 2) Snapseed; and 3) PhotoShop Touch - the latter is the most powerful of the three listed; check out the App Store & the respective web sites for more details regarding all of the features that interest you. Dave :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
For extra large documents it is often more efficient to save the document in a cloud service like DropBox or Box, then email the link.

The three main benefits are:

• Avoiding oversized attachment blockage by email providers.
  • Faster delivery of the email.
  • Recipient can choose when and where to download the attachment. They can choose not to have it cluttering their phone if it has limited storage.
Alternatively, if the attachments are going to the same people over and over gain, then you might find a shared folder ideal. Box is really good at this, but DropBox and Evernote also do it. In all cases you can control who has access to the folders and/or files.

Then you can just send a quick email letting them know that you've uploaded a new file or modified an older one.

Most reactions

Latest posts