What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My review

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cool factor 5 stars out of five
Cost 1 star out of five
CPU 1 star out of five
Memory 1 star out of five
Storage 1 star out of five
Web Browser 0 stars negative
Screen 5 stars ( edited by Moderator )
Speaker 0 stars or 1 because it is a speaker
OS varies depending on the user
Apps varies depending on the user
Size five stars
Weight five stars
Flash zero stars obviously
MS Office zero stars obviously

overall 2 stars for usefullness 5 stars for new and cool

Last edited by a moderator:

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bit harsh I think.
Cost 3/5
CPU 4/5
Memory 4/5
Storage 5/5
Web browser 2/5
Screen 5/5
Speaker 2/5
OS 2/5
Apps 5/5
Size 5/5
Weight 5/5
Flash I don't need it, so I don't mind.
MS Office Clearly zero - but have you tried the apple alternatives, I was hesitant, but they are not bad.

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
R

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may have been a bit harsh. If a buyer knows that it cannot multitask and does not support Flash there is no point in complaining after the fact.

I drive a cab in Las Vegas and put about 150 YouTube music videos on the iPad2 using a real computer and RealPlayer. I simply hand the iPad2 to the passengers if they are under 50 years of age and tell them to pick the music video they would like to see. It would be an understatement to say that I have seen an increase in tips.

Depending on which cab I get each day I either use 20 dollar battery powered external speakers or use a patch cord to run the sound through the car stereo. I do not rely on the iPad2 speaker to impress anyone.

I also purchased an Acer Iconia tablet PC running Windows and I have to say that the iPad is many times better for my application.

I also have a mobile hotspot in the cab and a couple of times I have given both of them to passengers so that they can play computers and internet at the same time.
That is a sort of cab ride you may not ever get anywhere else. There are roughly 2500 cabs running around Las Vegas and I want to be different.

In terms of total ownership experience I wish to update my iPad2 rating to five stars.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Must say, very impressed at you novel use of the iPad. I know many restaurants now use it for specific purposes....but you are the first cabbie who has posted about this specific usage. Well done.

Sent from my beloved iPad 2 using iPF...... All For One And One For All.

OP
R

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recently I picked up a family with two kids, about 10 and 12, I guess. I gave the iPad2 to one kid and the Acer Tablet to the other kid so that they could do whatever it is they do on the internet. That internet hotspot thing is very useful for that.

Most people do not hand their brand new computers to complete strangers but I am sort of casual about that sort of thing.

Also, I play a video called Love Like Crazy be Lee Brice for newly married and anniversary couples. It is a slow song, easy to understand, that presents a highly idealized notion of marriage. A lot of couples like that.

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a great thread! Love it! Please keep it going ~

What would you do or how would you stop someone from jumping out and running away with your toys?

I suppose they hand them back to you before you stop?

OP
R

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I will worry about that when it happens. Nice people generally do not steal from others.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RickyBobby said:
I will worry about that when it happens. Nice people generally do not steal from others.

Now that is very gentlemanly....still, you should install the Where's my iPhone/iPad app, you probably have.

Hope others use your score chart to rate usage/quality of the device.

OP
R

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I figure the iPad2 to be a large format iPhone, lacking the phone. But it does have the Bluetooth. So for the iPad3 they can just put in the phone chip and add one of those over the ear headset thingies. Or a more traditional headset if they prefer. Then it would be approaching perfection. The battery life still impresses me.

A lot of things are cool. A sports car is cool. A personal watercraft is cool. A house the overlooks Malibu is cool. But for a few hundred dollars the iPad2 has got to pretty much lead the league in affordable cool. That far outweighs the fact that is cannot multitask or run Flash.

The expected life of an iPad2 may be about five years. So that is about two dollars per week for all that it does.

iPad 2 is cool

iPF Noob
Reaction score
RickyBobby said:
The expected life of an iPad2 may be about five years. So that is about two dollars per week for all that it does.

I keep mine until the next version, so about £2 per day.

Most reactions

Latest posts