What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My iPad Is Running Slow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad 3 running so slow on the wifi. how to solves this problem,Any suggestions?i

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Have you closed all your previous apps? Most are not running but will take up some ram to hold current state. This will slow the iPad if too many are there. Double click the home button or use the 4 finger swipe up. Then hold any icon until they jiggle. Close each by tapping the minus sign. This should help things go faster.
If you just have a very slow Internet connection or router, then that needs an upgrade.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Merlos said:
My ipad 3 running so slow on the wifi. how to solves this problem,Any suggestions?i

What app are you using that appears slow, we need more info to assist, wifi speeds are generally nothing to do with the iPad , are you using a wifi router, wifi access point, or a hotspot? 3G perhaps?
Are you browsing the Internet, streaming music, video etc...

Vero60

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What app are you using that appears slow, we need more info to assist, wifi speeds are generally nothing to do with the iPad , are you using a wifi router, wifi access point, or a hotspot? 3G perhaps?
Are you browsing the Internet, streaming music, video etc...

I am also having the same problem. I am using a wifi router. My iPad runs slow whenever I try to do anything that has to do with utilizing the router, surfing the net, playing any type of Internet games, loading a YouTube video, even trying to get to my router or my bridge. I checked and none of my other applications are running. It used to work very well but about a month or two ago it started to slow down. The internet speed that I receive is not a problem as the two Android phones and the two Windows laptop in the home do not have that problem. I have deleted quite a few things off of the iPad hoping that it would help but nothing seems to be working.

jasmendoza

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Vero, did you solve this issue? I started having the same problem, and I should apply the warranty.

kbrod1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently upgraded my cable to Ultimate which is 50 mbps download and 5 up. I have modem connected to my linksys e4200 router. My windows 7 computers and laptop running fast but all my Apple products Ipads and Iphones run at 18mbps or less. I spoke with Linksys and they say it is not their problem. It seems a waste to lose all that speed. Any thoughts of what I can do? Thanks in advance for your time and consideration.

avanthika

iPF Noob
Reaction score

There are many ways for increasing the speed of the wi-fi usage in ipad.

1. Update the ipad frimware.
2. Close the unwanted applications in background.
3. Use the tcp optimizer and keep in default mode.
4. Install the speed up apps for ipad.
5. Use fast browser.
After, completing this steps, you can check our internet whether increase or not

Moderation notice:This post has been edited by ipadforums staff in accordance with theForum RulesNo External Links

Last edited by a moderator:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As this is a very old thread and the OP did receive help and has not been back.....I thank you for also posting to help them.

With that we will now close this thread...

...Thank you for your understanding.........

........THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts