What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my first post

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm from pque, philippines. i impulsively bought one (64gb 3g, black) last week when my niece showed me hers... to this date, i have no regrets at all! every single day, i get to be wowed by this gadget... but my point finger is starting to tire from scribbling and tapping, lol...

but i haven't optimized its use. i know it can do much more...

looking for these:
- someone to teach/show me tips to maximize my gadget
- free sms app, if ever there is one
- stylus (capacitive something?!?)
- facetime over 3g
- how to use spreadsheets with this device (since until now, i CAN'T! and i'm an engineer, hehe)
- how to see/edit/move all files and programs like in windows explorer
- how to send files to my desktop (as well as receive them) over wifi without having to email each one
- how to integrate gmail contacts, gmail email addresses, outlook addresses, to my existing contacts list without anything getting erased
- and many more...

hope the guys here will be patient and helpful... i dread getting the words 'use the search button!' and 'google it!' :)

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad
One of our members carried out a survey of Office apps for his company; you can see his conclusions in this thread...

http://www.ipadforums.net/new-member-introductions-site-assistance/22431-hi-all.html

Another comparison was undertaken here....

http://www.ipadforums.net/iwork-forum/36629-office-app-comparison.html

The Apple iWorks Office suite for the iPad has a set of useful Help pages that show their capabilities here...

Pages is Word compatible and can read .doc and .docx files and save in .doc and .pdf

Keynote is PowerPoint compatible and can read .ppt and .pptx files and save in .ppt and .pdf

Numbers is Excel compatible and can read .xls and .xlsx files and save in .xls and .pdf

Apple - Support - iOS Apps - Welcome

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

OP
88raymond

88raymond

iPF Noob
Reaction score
this forum has helped me a lot. thanks to everyone!

btw, i do't know how to change - via my ipad2 - my timezone in this forum, it's 11 hours delayed. can anyone help?

mlancer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
SweetPoison said:
I love your avatar!

Aw, thanks (if that was meant for me!) It's the face of my dear little avatar from an old animated 2-D chat world.

I found it when I sync-ed my iPad to iTunes ~ it was stashed away on my computer somewhere! I was delighted to see it again & thought to put it to good use again. ;)

I love your cute cocktail avie and especially your sweet little dragonfly in your sig ~ (jealous!)

Last edited:

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Raymond!

Next time you can PM a Mod or start your own thread in Site Assistance section.

Go to User CP and click then on the right side, scroll down to Edit Options. Turn off email notifications.

Most reactions

Latest posts