What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving apps

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have apps on 2 separate pages, but I'd like them all together, without having to slide to the next page. I have one odd app on the second page, but room for it on the first page, as I have removed some apps from there. I expected it to automatically move, when I deleted a couple of apps, but it didn't. So how do I move the odd one to join the others IYKWIM?

OP
W

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. It didn't work at first, but you have to do it very slowly, and then it worked.
Happy bunny!

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks. It didn't work at first, but you have to do it very slowly, and then it worked.
Happy bunny!

Yes, the process of moving apps between home screens can be finicky at times - :)

Other options: 1) Move the app down to the 'docking area', then swipe to the desired page, and move the app onto the screen; 2) Use your computer sync to move and re-arrange your apps - a good choice if you have a lot to do?

Finally, as you add more apps, the maximum per home screen is 20, so if you want to keep the number of screens to a minimum, learn to create 'folders' (if not already done), i.e. just tap & hold a desired icon and when it 'jiggles' drop it onto another related icon and finally rename the folder(s) - some of the folders that I have are 'Photography', 'Office Apps', 'Entertainment', 'Games', etc. Good luck!

mhaskell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
We should be able to give points to good posts. That sliding to home screen temporarily tip is money.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
We should be able to give points to good posts. That sliding to home screen temporarily tip is money.

Hi MHaskell - not sure which post you want to 'give points' to, but about the only option is it click on the 'Like' symbol at the far right of a post - this will at least give the poster of a helpful comment a pat on the back, and hopefully encourage more useful involvement in the forum.

Unfortunately, this is such an imprecise way of thanking the posters who seem to provide useful information to others; e.g. as I go through the various threads many receive 'THANKS' but the 'Like' symbol is not used - now this is a subjective judgment but I feel that many of the 'noobies' here who do receive a lot of help are completely unaware of this option.

I've been on other forums where this server software was used, and after a while many of the more useful posters began to complain about not getting enough 'Likes' or whatever the term was being used - some quite the forum & others complained bitterly that they were not appreciated - the option was eliminated in a couple of the forums - this can be a contentious issue as can be imagine - but just saying - cheers! :)

Roniwilliams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This post has helped me as well! I was also wondering how to move my apps from screen to screen. I have successfully arranged my apps the way I wanted to. You guys are such a big help. Thanks!!!

OP
W

Waterbabies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Giradman is brill! And I can't even see a thanks button -probably being dippy, but thanks everyone!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Waterbabies said:
Giradman is brill! And I can't even see a thanks button -probably being dippy, but thanks everyone!

The like button is only available when accessing the forum on the web, it's in the bottom right hand corner of each post.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts