What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Minimum brightness hack?

Checkpoint

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The brightness on the iPad is so bright... Especially at night... Even with birghtness set to the lowest possible brightness.

Is there any app in cydia that I can download to make the minimum brightness level in the iPad even lower than it already is?

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree! The minimum should be like the iPhone. I'll be watching this space carefully...

idbirch

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I thought the exact same thing last night when I was using my iPad in bed, the screen is definitely too bright for very dimly lit environments. Hopefully apple will fix this pretty quick.

wdpower

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was at a concert the other day and noticed several ppl with the iphone and that their phones were very dark and this tread made me realize just how bright the pad is. I had thought the auto dimming was good but it doesnt seem to really do anything.

I can imagine what this could do for the allready great battery life too.

Kopfkribbeln

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah

Yep - Screen is definitely too bright - even in darkest mode. Great task for a jailbreak-developer. Either as an additional app or as a hack in the original brightness-slider in the settings. But maybe an SB-Setting-Plugin should work out fine, too. Shouldn't take that long to hack this.

Any volunteers? :)

Essjay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Argh I'm reading this on my iPad any my eyes are hurting! :(

Reaction score
PLEASE! Someone who can code: We want the option to lower our iPad screen brightness below the current minimum level! I'm really surprised that this hasn't been released in Cydia yet. I'd forfeit a dollar for this functionality.

RudyL90

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was searching for like 4 hours, no result. It suprises me too.
I don't know much about programming, but I will search for a solution till someone else found one!

Sumguy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had the same complaint, just found this app "Dimmer" in cydia that claims to enable dimming below default. Have not tried it as my iPad isn't yet jailbroken, but I'm planning on it for this reason. I'll let you know how it goes.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dimmer doesnt work. Or i cant get it to wrk..lol. Ive installed, reinstalled, tried from different repos, restarted springboard, and powered off thn on again. There is no icon for dimmer. There is no option for dimmer in the ipad settings, like where winterboard or other cydia system tweaks would be. It said it was compatible with 4.2.1 but i didnt see anything after it installed and i restarted springboard. Even when messing with the brightness slider, no difference, still stock settings. :-( lol

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got dimmer to work it's brilliant! No more hurting my eyes in bed!

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got dimmer to work it's brilliant! No more hurting my eyes in bed!

How did u get it to wrk if there is no app icon or anything in ipad settings? What firmware are u running? What source repo did u download from? ;-)

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm running 4.2.1 and I purchased from cydia. Cracked repos is probably the problem.

its running beautifully, there is no app but it is controlled in the ipad settings, its only 99c so go buy it, you won't regret it!

naman919

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i'm running 4.2.1 and I purchased from cydia. Cracked repos is probably the problem.

its running beautifully, there is no app but it is controlled in the ipad settings, its only 99c so go buy it, you won't regret it!

agreed. it is probably my favorite app from cydia ever.

Most reactions

Latest posts