1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Microsim Cutter and

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories for iPAD 1, 2 and 3' started by Appsolution, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Appsolution

Appsolution iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any suggestions on where to get a microsim cutter for cheap? Most of the sites have it for $25-$30 but don't have stock. I don't trust a lot of the people on eBay.
  2. MikesTooLz

MikesTooLz Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    Just cut the card manualy. I wouldnt trust a simcard cutter since different simcard types have the chip in different sizes.

Get your ipad microsim, place it on the regular simcard so that it completely covers the metal chip. Trace an outline around the microsim so that you know where to cut it.

I cut my mirosim with a dremal and it was super easy, other people cut it without any issue using normal scissors.
  3. CaptKirk

CaptKirk iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    i think the last MacWorld has a story on doing your own T-Mobile Micro Sim and info where to find an adapter to use it back on T-Mobile. Once you cut the Sim you cant reuse on T-Mobile without the adapter.
  4. Appsolution

Appsolution iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the advice but I gave up and ended up buying the Microsim Cutter from SIMCUMCISE.COM They emailed me that the order would ship out on the 8th. It includes two microsim card adapters so I can re-use the sim in my phone.
  5. Smithy12

Smithy12 iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm using a t-mobile sim cut down and it still works in a spare phone I have
  6. vijay2pvk

vijay2pvk iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If anyone in bangalore wants to convert your normal sim to microsim for iphone 4 or ipad within 5 minutes then You can call me at 9916404237 ... sim conversion Rs.50