What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Microphone

Joe McLaren

iPF Noob
Reaction score
my mic does not work properly on my ipad2 . It works when my earphones are plugged in. Anyone have an idea or suggestions on how to fix this prob?

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Joe.... - welcome to the forum! :) You'll need to provide some more information: 1) What is the brand/model of microphone and are the earphones part of the same package or a different brand; 2) What iOS is installed on the iPad 2; 3) Did this problem occur after an iOS update/upgrade and did the microphone work before the change; and 4) What have you done to try to fix the issue, e.g. 'Reset' the iDevice? Dave

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to iPad Forums, Joe McLaren!

First try Apple's instructions:
Get help with the microphones on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

If this doesn't fix your problem, reset all settings in Settings - General - Reset. This will set back your settings to factory default, and you'll have to connect to your Wi-Fi again (just as an example), as well as go through the Settings app to set it up as you prefer it.

Hope that helps.

Most reactions

Latest posts