What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Menu restriction app?

skyamese

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm planning to let my child use my iPad on our next road trip. What I'd like to do is place all the apps she's allowed to use on one menu screen and then keep her there. Is there any app or technique that can prevent her from swiping to other menu screens on my device?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm afraid not. This is an often asked question and it's simply not possible to do that. Apple imagined the iPad as an individual machine being used by one person only and did not incorporate any facilities to protect the use in this way. You can prevent your child from deleting apps, adding apps, purchasing apps or in-app purchases, using Safari and YouTube (all these can be done in 'Settings', 'General', 'Restrictions') but that's about it.

There are no third-party apps available either that provide this functionality because it is simply not possible for any app to do this because the iPad operating system prevents one app 'interacting' with another - and this functionality would be required to implement the sort of facility you are looking for. Apple did this because a positive by-product of this decision is that it's impossible for an iPad to be infected by computer viruses.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts