What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

media onto IPAD without Itunes

crispy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I want to be able to get some Ebooks and video if possible onto an IPAD without using Itunes. I won't have access to a PC either so it will need to be straight from somewhere ie dropbox straight onto the IPAD

Can anybody help with what options are availible to me.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
GoodReader for the video. I watch sports and TV shows that way because in only want to see them once. GoodReader also works well for PDF books, but not EPUB if I remember correctly. In fact it is the best PDF reader in my tests.

Demandarin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If u jailbreak ur ipad, Ifiles will become ur best friend.u can get it from cydia app store. Ifiles allows u to transfer files, photos, movies, or whatever without needing to be chained up to desktop pc using itunes. Goodreader is a great nonjailbroken app. Cant do as much as ifiles bUt is great to use when not jailbroken. Can do alot of same things. I have both ;-)

OP
C

crispy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
without out sounding stupid how do I get them onto the IPAD using goodreader , or more importantly where can they be stored before hand, ie not on a PC
Cheers,

Chris

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
without out sounding stupid how do I get them onto the IPAD using goodreader , or more importantly where can they be stored before hand, ie not on a PC

If you have the Goodreader app, you should be able to connect to cloud (e.g. your Dropbox depository) and download your file/video wirelessly onto Goodreader.

nateccnn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All the solutions except for jail broken with card reader adapter will require a PC to upload the video to a Dropbox account. Unless your video is coming from a smartphone...then you could upload from phone directly to the Dropbox account. I suppose, for that matter, you could connect the phone to a camcorder and upload it that way too. What kind of Phone do you have?

Nate

Most reactions

Latest posts