What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mathmatics/Physics Formula writing iPad app

fduckworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does anyone know of an app for the iPad were I can write scientific formulas in and export in pages?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There are a couple of LaTeX editors in the App Store. Search for latex, or latex editor. I've never used one, so can't tell you if they are any good or what features they have.

I doubt that Pages supports LaTex, so a direct copy paste probably won't work, but who knows. It may be worth a try. If one of the apps will export as a small PDF or picture file those can be inserted into Pages. If it will only save the entire LaTeX document as a jpg, then you could use another app like Adobe Photoshop Express to crop, and insert that into Pages.

That's it for ideas on my end.

OP
F

fduckworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i found an app called tex equation. It works but you have to program code so it is a real pain to use. i think it cost like $4.00. i thought i found a good one, i had to pay $6.00 for it and when i used it, it completly sucked.

i'm a new apple user and i'm finding the fact of how much money i waste on app that are just terrible very disturbing. for example i spent $10.00 for two apps, the one there is a very small chance i might use, and there other and more expensive one i will never use.

OP
F

fduckworth

iPF Noob
Reaction score
oh I forgot i did find a third one, mathbot. It is not perfect but not bad.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Yes, you have to be careful. It's not really any different than any other software market. There's good stuff, junk, and outright scams. Though if you think on it a bit, before the App Store $10 for two programs, even bad ones, was dirt cheap.

Where it bites you is when you don't stop to add up the totals. It's so easy to buy each cheap program that you can end up spending a load of money without realizing how much you've really spent.

Because the App Store, (especially the iPad part) is so new, in many cases the premier apps haven't floated to the top like they have in the PC world. In some categories we are still waiting for someone to write the essential app that others have to live up to.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
well i found an app called tex equation. It works but you have to program code so it is a real pain to use. i think it cost like $4.00. i thought i found a good one, i had to pay $6.00 for it and when i used it, it completly sucked.

i'm a new apple user and i'm finding the fact of how much money i waste on app that are just terrible very disturbing. for example i spent $10.00 for two apps, the one there is a very small chance i might use, and there other and more expensive one i will never use.

Apple are happy to give refunds on apps that are defective or not what was expected. Just call their support line with the purchase reference (on your invoice) and they'll credit your iTunes account. Many members have done this.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts