What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps help

tadd5181

iPF Noob
Reaction score
On maps, sometimes I can delete dropped pins and sometimes I can't ... How can I always get rid of dropped pins? Any help appreciated

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I just deleted your other post as it was a duplicate of this one. Please do not do this since it makes it hard for other members to read and help you of there are multiple threads of the same topic present. It is also against forum rules.

Also, moving this to the Help section!

Thank you!

City

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Red pins- Red pins can be deleted by going to the searchbar on the map, then clicking 'Clear'. Clear can be found under the searchbar after tapping it. It is in the left corner of the results recently searched.

Purple pins- I don't think they are removable, but they are able to be placed in different places.

Other pins- There are other kinds and colors of pins. If those are the ones you are looking to get rid of, please specify which kind.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Purple pins can be removed by taping the Pin, tapping the (i) icon in the popup that appears, and choosing remove pin.

The only other pin I've seen is the green one. That only shows up if you have set up directions. It's the start location. You get rid of it by clearing both the start and end fields.

Most reactions

Latest posts