What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Maps app pin location

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have an iPad 3,IOS 6. As has been stated the maps app is not the best but I can live with it for now until Apple get their long overdue act in order. What is frustrating is that my home address is in the wrong location. I tap on the pin and a Dropbox shows me a list of options, one of which is 'pin in wrong location'. I then click the blue 'next' button and a smaller map appears with instructions to 'drag pin to correct location'. My question is which pin, the one on the smaller map because if so the map itself just moves around. There is no way the pin can be moved on there. Any ideas guys n gals?
Mike

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can pinch to zoom in/out of the map. Do this and drag the map until you see where you want to drop the pin. Tap and Hold until the pin apperas, then drag it to exactly where you want it before lifting your finger. If you miss, do it again.

Last edited:
OP
Mesqueunclub

Mesqueunclub

iPF Novice
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
You can pinch to zoom in/out of the map. Do this and drag the map until you see where you want to drop the pin. Tap and Hold until the pin apperas, then drag it to exactly where you want it before lifting your finger. If you miss, do it again.

Thank you very much. It worked. It would be useful if Apple gave clear instructions. If it wasn't for such as you, a lot of users would be in the dark.
Best regards.

Most reactions

Latest posts