1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Malaysia ipad use in US

Discussion in 'International iPad Users' started by Shermaine, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Shermaine

Shermaine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi there,

I would like to take the iPad 3G + wifi I bought in Malaysia to be used in US when I travel to there. Anyone can recommend how I can get a prepaid data plan for the iPad for a month? Thanks.
  2. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    You'll have no problems - both carriers - Verizon and AT&T (and the 'foreign' carriers') - have what you want and they do monthly plans too.

But there are so many free WiFi hotspots in the US that, when I travel there, (from the UK) I never bother to either buy a pre-paid card or use my home account 'roaming'. You'll find WiFi hotspots **everywhere** - malls, hotels, motels, coffee shops, copy shops (i.e. Kinko's), franchises (MacDonalds, Pizza Hut, Taco Bell, Starbucks etc etc), public transport, - almost anywhere. So, unless you're planning to spend time in a rural area, think about using WiFit - it it doesn't work out, you can always buy a pre-paid card.

Enjoy your trip to the US!!

Tim
    Snowy Scotland
  3. Shermaine

Shermaine iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Tim,

Thanks for your sharing. I am thinking to get a month of prepaid data for the GPS service while I'm driving there. I'll consider about those carriers that you suggest above. Thanks. :)