What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Making The Switch

ITg33k

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi There,

Long time (several years and devices) Android user, making the move to iThings.

My wife and I picked up 2017 9.7" iPads at Costco last weekend. Decided we liked them, now I've an iPhone 6s on the way. I imagine my wife will move over to an iPhone before too much longer. (Heck: I'm even thinking of moving my Linux desktop/LAN server to the basement and putting a Mac Mini or something on my desk :). Never been all that fond of Aqua, though.)

I'm "ITGeek" over on iphoneforums.net, but, that was taken, here, so I used the 1337-ish version of that nick, here.

The nick is reflective of what I do. Been a senior systems, network and telcom admin for over 25 years, a software designer before that, a hardware designer before that and a radio guy before that. (Yes: That also means I'm older'n dirt ;).)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi ITg33k - welcome to the forums! :) You certainly have had a lot of 'computer experience' - hope to see you posting and helping others. Dave

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The Aqua UI is long dead; don't remeber how many OS X versions ago, but several. If Aqua was the last time you fiddled with OS X, then you're probably in for a surprise. OS X has had some serious power ups since then.

Of course, that doesn't mean that the current UI won't have some of the same features you didn't like about Aqua.

Most reactions

Latest posts