What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mail shows DELETED Contact email

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't find anything via search...

When addressing an email, I am presented with multiple email accounts for a contact that have been previously REMOVED from the contact's file.

Why??? Don't want to see a deleted/invalid email suggested for a contact...

Please advise.

Reaction score
This seems to be one of the unironed parts of iOS. There is no way of deleting contacts completely, just as there is no way to have the autocorrect feature unlearn a word.

The only way to remove that contact's email address from the suggestions is to restore your iPad and set it up as a new device. Obviously not an option for carrying out such a mundane task as deleting an email address.

Jeeper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is "convenience" feature. It remembers, and "suggests" any previously used addresses, whether in contacts or not. There is currently no way to remedy this on the iPad (unlike on a full blown computer where you can). Sorry, we're all kinda' living with this one :(

OP
M

mutts2

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks guys....appreciate the response.

Most reactions

Latest posts