What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Losing my network connection

Snookman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new here and looking for some help...I've had my IPad since November 2010 and everything was working well until recently. I've been losing my network connection and password frequently ( several times in a very short period ). Nothing has changed in regards to my network settings in my home or on my IPad...I've done network resets and a total reset. I have a network extender right in the area that I use the IPad and have no issues with the wireless on my laptop. Any help would be appreciated

It's a 16G Gen1 pad

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all,
I'm new here and looking for some help...I've had my IPad since November 2010 and everything was working well until recently. I've been losing my network connection and password frequently ( several times in a very short period ). Nothing has changed in regards to my network settings in my home or on my IPad...I've done network resets and a total reset. I have a network extender right in the area that I use the IPad and have no issues with the wireless on my laptop. Any help would be appreciated

It's a 16G Gen1 pad

Have you recently updated the operating system, iOS? Several members reported WiFi problems when updating to iOS 4.3 which seemed to have been more-or-less resolved with the move to iOS 4.3.1. Other than that you seem to have done all the usual 'fix it' things - i.e. power off-on iPad and reset the network connections on your iPad.

In 'Settings' have you set up your iPad to join known networks automatically? I ask this because of your comment about losing passwords and wondered exactly what you meant by that? Do you mean that the iPad keeps prompting you for a network password or that existing passwords no longer work?

Tim

OP
S

Snookman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim,
I've reset the network connections and I have set it to remember then connection upon opening. I'll check the most recent update to see if that one has been loaded. Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts