Looking for sympathy - wont's get it, but looking anyway

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by davidinvirginia, May 17, 2012.

1. davidinvirginia

davidinvirginia
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Short version of story: Bought an iPad 2 16GB WiFi refurb from the Apple Store. Couldn't get it to work. After set-up and sync it would run for 1 - 5 minutes (a couple of time for an hour or more) and then shut down and reboot. Took it to an Apple Store. Returned it and bought a new iPad 16GB WiFi and it worked great. Decided I needed more storage and returned it to get a 32GB WiFi. Apple Store didn't have a black one only white ones. Returned home and ordered one from a local Apple reseller. Today I learned that the black ones (32GB) are backordered for two weeks. (This includes the Apple Store.) Sigh.

:(

2. xGary

xGary
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Third world problems

3. davidinvirginia

davidinvirginia
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Kinda looks that way, doesn't it. Oh well, rant over, and on with my life.

4. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Not much help but it will be worth the wait and I agree that 16gb isn't enough for most of us anymore. I looked tonight and I have 8gb in apps, 3gb in photos, 2.5gb in music, 11.5 in videos, etc... It goes quick!

5. taylor.sheridan

taylor.sheridan
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Just keep reading threads on here and get ur "mouth watering" for ur new one...haha that's what I did anyways

6. MattIM

MattIM
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Addict

Thanks Received:
    What is attractive about white iPads? My niece has a white iPad, a white iPhone, a black car. I have a black iPad, a black iPhone, and a black car. She likes the contrast and I like the integration. To each their own. I don't mean to hijack your thread, I too would wait for a black iPad.

7. davidinvirginia

davidinvirginia
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    That's what I'm doing. Looking at the 64GB black WiFi now as there may be a better chance of getting that one. Rounding up the extra dough.

8. dhevans_6

dhevans_6
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    I have a white iPad, white iPod touch and a black car, am I confused lol? I thought the contrast against my photos was better and I don't play too many movies. To be honest it's hiding in a case now so don't see much of it anyway...

I've got about 10gb of apps, so getting a bigger iPad is definitely a best bet.

9. stebro

stebro
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Hard to believe, but people have endured worse.

10. dchristo

dchristo
    Expand Collapse
    iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Look at it this way, David. You're living in the most prosperous country on Earth. You have food to eat, and you're not dying from TB or malnutrition. You're not a prisoner rotting in a cell. You have all your limbs. Your dog probably loves you. And it's a beautiful day here in Virginia.

Glass at least half-full.