What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading files from my camcorder

Blackeagle15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just bought the adapter to load files from my Sony handy cam and all it copies across is the photos. Does anyone know how I can use the adapter to load them up?

Thanks

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just bought the adapter to load files from my Sony handy cam and all it copies across is the photos. Does anyone know how I can use the adapter to load them up?

Thanks

OK - official welcome...

Good to hear from you. You’ll find a whole bunch of iPad enthusiasts in this Forum who are only too willing to help other iPad owners and to hear of their experiences. Don’t be afraid to post any questions you may have or use the ‘Search’ button near the top of the Forum web page. I usually find I discover one new interesting and useful piece of information about my iPad every day - and often not even what I was looking for!!

I think there are several members who'll be able to help you here with your camcorder question - it's a world-wide forum, so time-zones will figure...

Hope to hear from you soon with your thoughts about the iPad.

Have fun and enjoy your iPad

If you don’t already have it you can download a copy of the iPad manual for free.

Apple - Support - Manuals

Please read the rules too!!

http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rules-help-info/2119-forum-rules-everybody-please-read.html

Tim
Scotland

Reaction score
Blackeagle15 said:
Hi guys,

Thanks

Do you have an iPad 1, or 2?

The camera connection kit is supposed to let you import pictures onto the iPad, which from your description, is exactly what it does. What type of tiles were you intending to copy over?

Without jail breaking, will you not be able to import other files, the iPad doesn't have a file management. But if you have an iPad 1, than you could jailbreak and install ifiles from Cydia. That ifiles will let you copy over any files.

Perhaps I misunderstood your question though. What exactly do you want to 'load up'?

GlenL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The OP probably wants to import the videos from his camcorder. This will most likely not happen unless you format the videos to a compatible format through your computer.

OP
B

Blackeagle15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi yes I am using my sony handy cam and I want to transfer the files I record (both stills and video) straight to my iPad. I bought a connector from apple that is meant to do this. It does work on still but the video doesn't.

It's an iPad 2.

Any ideas?

Thanks

OP
B

Blackeagle15

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry. Just re read the first post and it didn't make what I needed to do very clear. I hope the one above helps explain what I mean.

Thanks

Reaction score
Yes, the thing is, the iPad as it is, in it's non-jailbroken state is very restrictive in terms of what files it will import.

Since your handycam's video format is not supported, is there not much you can do, except jailbreak your iPad and than import via ifiles, or convert the videos on a computer first.

Most reactions

Latest posts