What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Loading Bookmarks (Favorites) from PC to IPAD

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello gang,

Don't have an IPAD just yet, maybe around Christmas.

Will I be able to transfer my bookmarks (favorites) from my Dell PC to the IPAD without a lot of fanfare?

Thanks, Ken

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, if that's what you want just select what browser you want them imported from & sync and your good to go!

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There are two different ways you can do this.

1) If you want to use Safari and have a mobile me account you can sync from Safari for Windows to MobileMe and then down to your iPad. This is a syncronus system: if you change one it will change the other.

2) If you use iCAB as your browser they have a feature to use Dropbox to park a HTML file (which can be exported from just about any web browser) and drop onto your iPad. This is a one shot deal and doesn't truly sync back and forth. There may be other ways but these are the two I have tested.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score

1) If you want to use Safari and have a mobile me account you can sync from Safari for Windows to MobileMe and then down to your iPad. This is a syncronus system: if you change one it will change the other.

2) If you use iCAB as your browser they have a feature to use Dropbox to park a HTML file (which can be exported from just about any web browser) and drop onto your iPad. This is a one shot deal and doesn't truly sync back and forth. There may be other ways but these are the two I have tested.

Why not just let iTunes do it for you? #2 seems pretty complicated when it's built right into iTunes?

iPadBiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Why not just let iTunes do it for you? #2 seems pretty complicated when it's built right into iTunes?

True.. However I believe the sync with MobileMe is over the air. Not 100% sure on this. Also it only works with Safari. As all of us know eventually there are some much better web browsers on the app store.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score

True.. However I believe the sync with MobileMe is over the air. Not 100% sure on this. Also it only works with Safari. As all of us know eventually there are some much better web browsers on the app store.

Yea, mobile me is over the air. I use the Atomic Browser but haven't figured how to import favorites to it.

Dannyboy85

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sure, here are some screenshots.

5344adc8.png

6f69688b.png

OP
Kenworth

Kenworth

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Favorites to IPAD

No Idea what iCAB is or MobileMe..I have Internet Explorer on my Dell PC and I use Verizon's Premimum MSN for e-mail Thanks, .....Ken

Most reactions

Latest posts