What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Load a doc to google docs?

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there,

Is there a way to get a file from the ipad to load into google docs?

Thanks for your help!

P.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot do this with Safari, but a third-party browser, such as iCab, can upload documents from the iPad to the web.

Tim

OP
P

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Tim. I'll into icab. Almost went bonkers trying to figure it out yesterday!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes - it's strange. Even using iCab you've got to transfer the files you want to upload into iCab's local file space. i.e. iCab (and no other app, either) can directly access the file space of another app. So, for iCab to be able to upload a file to a website, it needs to be in iCab's local filespace. You'll have to use either the 'Open In' facility in iOS or transfer the files into iCab from your PC or Mac.

Tim

OP
P

PDB

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, I assumed that was the process.

I suddenly came across this need when I was sent an excel file in the most recent office excel format and needed to send it on to someone whose excel cannot read the latest file type. Rather than solve the issue on my pc, I decided to try to work it out from the Ipad by loading the file into Google Docs to save it back into the older file type.

Thanks again for your help!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can also use GoodReader to connect to Google Docs, and upload download files.

I believe Documents to Go and QuickOffice also offer direct access to Google Docs.

Most reactions

Latest posts