What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Link iPad to iPhone 3G

Steve Davies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi
I am a new member and was interested in how comprehensive some of the threads were. I was wondering whether it was possible to link an iPad 2 to a iPhone 4 to use the phones 3G when you are out and about?
Many thanks for any help
Steve

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi
I am a new member and was interested in how comprehensive some of the threads were. I was wondering whether it was possible to link an iPad 2 to a iPhone 4 to use the phones 3G when you are out and about?
Many thanks for any help
Steve
Yes it's possible by using the personal hotspot feature in settings. Turning on the hotspot feature will have your iPhone broadcast a WiFi signal that can be picked up by your iPad. Your iPad can then connect to the Internet through your iPhone's 3G cellular connection. Whether or not the hotspot feature is available to you depends on your cellular carrier. You should contact them to enquire about it. Some carriers may charge an extra fee to activate the service, some have no fee and some carriers do not allow it with some of their plans.

Here's the Apple help page on the personal hotspot feature. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4517

OP
S

Steve Davies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes it's possible by using the personal hotspot feature in settings. Turning on the hotspot feature will have your iPhone broadcast a WiFi signal that can be picked up by your iPad. Your iPad can then connect to the Internet through your iPhone's 3G cellular connection. Whether or not the hotspot feature is available to you depends on your cellular carrier. You should contact them to enquire about it. Some carriers may charge an extra fee to activate the service, some have no fee and some carriers do not allow it with some of their plans.

Here's the Apple help page on the personal hotspot feature. http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4517

Many thanks for your help it really is appreciated.
Very best wishes.

Most reactions

Latest posts