What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 HELP

EA77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The wait is over - Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 for iPad has finally been released - Woot! ...and I'm already stuck. So let's get the help thread started.

I'm in the park and can't figure out how to do "expecto patronum" properly to get rid of the dementors. I can stun them, but not destroy them. The tip at the beginning of the sequence said something about charging them, but I can't figure out how to do that. Can anyone help? And is there a way to review tips that flash across the screen if you need to see them again? Thanks!

Since I obviously don't have flash on my iPad, I couldn't get very far with Pottermore, so I'm hoping LHPY5-7 will give me my HP fix, but not if I'm stuck at 0.0% completed. ;)

ETA: Ok, I worked it out. Just wasn't used to using left thumb to control character movement and right thumb for wand/brick/etc. So once you've used your left thumb to get the character near the dementor, and your wheel/wand is set to "expecto patronum," you use your right thumb or finger to move the spinning circle target over the dementor's circle. When the color turns to red, take your right thumb/finger off the screen to cast the targeted spell at the dementor and that should get rid of it.

Last edited:
OP
E

EA77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now I'm stuck in the Weasley Storeroom with the right table item and left table item (looks like the head of a rocket that I got out of the cage behind the sliding bookcase using the Weasely pet), but the key is still in the spider's web. What am I supposed to do next? I'm wandering around the room and just don't see what I'm supposed to do.

ETA: Finally got it. In order to get the key out of the spiderweb (used to unlock the chest and get the piece for the middle table), you have to target the web with "immobilus." I've noticed that the spell needed to do something isn't necessarily intuitive. Sometimes I have to try them all before one of them works.

Last edited:

krupp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am stuck in the black's kitchen with ketcher behind the window. I have destroyed everything and when I stun the door with the Head on it and it shuts down the whole program and knocks me off. Do I need to delete the program and reinstall. I don't want to pay for it again.

Please if anyone has been able to get past ketcher behind the window please tell me how. I have been stuck here all day. I have destroyed everything and you need someone strong to open whatis left. I am going crazy. HELP.

Last edited:

Rin68nyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm stuck in Weasley's wizard wheezes. I found 2 potion ingredients, but don't know how to find the cauldron...help!

Eta: I figured it out...those spectrespecs sure do help!

Last edited:

krupp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am stuck in the black's kitchen with ketcher behind the window. I have destroyed everything and when I stun the door with the Head on it and it shuts down the whole program and knocks me off. Do I need to delete the program and reinstall. I don't want to pay for it again.

I deleted the game and started over again and got to the same place and the same thing happened. Is this a flaw in the programming or am I doing something wrong. Does anyone know who to contact? I'm so frustrated!

Rin68nyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Contact support, I think you ca uninstall and reinstall without paying again, but make sure before you do.

Now I am stuck at the burrow. Literally stuck. I used mus' werewolf form to dig up the pipe, and now i'm stuck inside it and can't get out!

krupp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still stuck in

Where ketcher is behind the window. I can't tell if you r ahead of them or not. If you figured out how to do this, please share because I can't figure it out.

Rin68nyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't remember exactly for the kitchen, but I know I had to try different spells, and hit all those door knocker type things. You also have to move the stove.

Now I am stuck getting Gryffindor's sword out of the pond. They tell you how to swim up, but not how to swim down, and I can't figure it out... I got the chest down, and loaded it into the cart, which broke the rocks and opened up the hole, but I can't figure out what to do from there....

Ah got it, you have to hold down the magic button (the one next to the wand button...the one you hold for wingardium leviosa.

Last edited:

cris53

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think you push the cooker(?). Somebody else did it for me as I was getting frustrated and had uninstalled and started again. I have just had a handle thing in the Weasley twins section and I pushed the item along the blue path using the directional circle on the bottom left. I'm stuck again anyway, so hope you can overtake and help out.

Mappie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am still stuck in

Where ketcher is behind the window. I can't tell if you r ahead of them or not. If you figured out how to do this, please share because I can't figure it out.
Go to the door at the back of the room with the white disk on turn this then the cooker comes out, build this then push it along by holding the Lego button down and moving it alond towards the door u want to get through.
A cake appears move this to the table and that annoying little flyer lands with your door disk.

Ozikiz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can u tell me where u got the spectrespecs from as I need them at the snowy stage and can't find them anywhere,thanks

Mappie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I couldn't find them either I think you have to return with Luna who has them as her special trick a bit like a pet. Or they might have put some in that bit you have to apparate too.

Rin68nyr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For all levels there are some things you can't do the first time through. You need certain characters to make certain things work.

As for me, I'm stuck in the final battle as Molly Weasley, trying to get Bellatrix. I have used reducto on the thing above Kingsley, but now there doesn't seem to be anything to do. I have been firing willy-hilly at everything, but nothing is happening....anyone else know what to do?

adkroll

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you get past the zombies in the cave entrance? I can't find the spectroscopes & not sure how to get up the ladder.

krupp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How did you get the pet to unlock cage behind the bookcase. The only two people you can use is the Wesley brothers?

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts